SUMP Poster - Now available in multiple languages!
Inspired by success stories from European cities that have implemented Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs), the SUMP poster illustrates the sustainable planning process for transport in an urban area. This poster has now been translated into 9 languages. The translations were completed by Rupprecht Consult with the support of several projects, including LOW-CARB and ReVeAL.
While the SUMP Guidelines give step-by-step guidance on how to develop and implement a SUMP, lessons can also be learned from the many European cities that have implemented a SUMP to demonstrate what the outcome for an urban area could look like.Even when the ideal sustainable city may not exist, the SUMP poster (based on the revised guidelines) includes many crucial aspects of a sustainable mobility system. The poster demonstrates all eight of the fundamental SUMP principles:
- Plan for sustainable mobility in the entire ‘functional urban area’;
- Cooperate across institutional boundaries;
- Involve citizens and stakeholders;
- Assess current and future performance;
- Define a long-tern vision and a clear implementation plan;
- Develop all transport modes in an integrated manner;
- Arrange for monitoring and evaluation;
- Assure quality.
The poster is now available in: Chinese, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian and Spanish. These and any future translations can be downloaded in our <link>Resources Section or on Eltis: <link https: www.eltis.org resources tools sump-poster-planning-sustainable-city prosemirroreditor-link>www.eltis.org/resources/tools/sump-poster-planning-sustainable-city
+49 221 6060 55 14