To strengthen the capacity of SUNRISE neighbourhoods to develop their measures, a series of workshops were held over the course of three years for city partners and technical partners to discuss their experiences and ideas along five key topic areas.
The topic areas are called thematic clusters and specifically focus on the following aspects:
• Mobility and accessibility for all, led by urbanista
• Active modes, led by Rupprecht Consult
• Innovative solutions to urban logistics, led by Zaragoza Logistics Centre
• Use and design of public road space, including parking (public spaces), led by Koucky & Partners
• Shared mobility, led by the City of Bremen
The clusters proved to be a useful format for the city partners to learn from one another – what approaches went well, what challenges arose, and how they could be addressed.
A newly released report summarises the lessons learned and recommendations emerging from the workshops held for each of these thematic clusters, for the benefit of other cities across Europe and beyond. It aims to provide some useful advice on the respective topics, focusing on the opportunities that practitioners can take advantage of specifically when co-creating urban mobility solutions at the neighbourhood or urban district level. They are therefore intended for anyone active at the neighbourhood level—citizens, local councils, civil society actors, and community organisations.
Download the full report here.
+49 221 6060 55 24
+49 221 6060 55 21
+49 221 6060 55 18