There are two upcoming events organised by LOW-CARB to present and transfer collected research results and lessons learned from pilots. The events are both going to take place online and registrations are open from now on.
The first webinar on LOW-CARB’s pilots and innovations for low-carbon mobility in cities and regions will take place on 21 October 2020 from 10 - 11.15 am CEST.
In this webinar, the Interreg LOW-CARB project will showcase the implementation of its innovative pilots that advance low-carbon mobility and sustainable mobility planning in Central Europe. The unique contexts of Central European regions give it the potential to leapfrog its way into the greener sustainable futures and can lead the rest of Europe by setting a good example. This webinar presents five of LOW-CARB’s pilots in Leipzig (GER), Skawina & Kraków (PL), Koprivnica (HR), and Szeged (HU). They are:
• “Reachie” – The accessibility heatmap for mobility management in the Leipzig North Area (Carsten Schuldt, LVB)
• Testing a hybrid bus line in Skáwina (Maciej Zacher, City of Skáwina)
• New e-bike sharing schemes in Kraków (Lukasz Franek, ZTP Kraków)
• Smart bus station in Koprivnica (Nebojša Kalanj, City of Koprivnica)
• New measures for data-based public transport planning (Ádám Németh, SZKT)
Speakers will present their pilots and its added value, and briefly discuss how other cities or public transport companies in Europe can benefit from it.
Join the event and register here!
The second webinar on good practice transfer in sustainable urban mobility will take place on 27 October 2020 from 10 am to 1 pm CEST.
This webinar and succeeding workshop provides good practice and knowledge transfer in sustainable urban mobility planning, and is organised by CIVINET Czech and Slovak Republics, z.s., Transport Research Center, v. v. i. together with the Rupprecht Consult GmbH and the town of Litoměřice. Please note that most of the webinar will be held in Czech.
The 2.5 hour program includes presentations of:
- mobility planning tools from the LOW-CARB project,
- mobility and energy management measures in the town of Litoměřice
- mobility and institutional plans in Czechia, and
- an NGO led national commuting bike campaign with a focus on smaller cities.
After a break, an interactive workshop will be held on preparing SUMPs for the scope of small cities and towns.
The webinar is intended for representatives of cities, heads of transport and development departments, as well as urban mobility coordinators and planners. The event will also include the possibility of networking between cities and involvement with CIVINET cities, which are actively involved in sustainable mobility.
You're most welcome to join us and register to this event here!
+49 221 6060 55 16
+49 221 6060 55 22
+49 221 6060 55 27