CIVITAS Dyn@mo project to start negotiations with European Commission
In March 2012 the European Commission has invited the CIVITAS-Dyn@mo project to start the project negotiations. CIVITAS –Dyn@mo is one out of two Collaborative Projects approved under CIVITAS Plus II. The project will run 48 months, and brings together innovative 28 partners. Management and coordination are under the joint responsibility of Rupprecht Consult and the City of Aachen. The projects’ mission is to strengthen sustainable mobility through promoting non-polluting lifestyles, through social interaction and collaboration on the basis of the new media, and through integrated implementation of innovative transport services for active citizens of all ages.
The strategic aims of CIVITAS-DYN@MO are:
- to develop "Mobility 2.0" systems and services by applying "web 2.0" technologies for connecting travellers, delivering information and services, as well as creating exciting new tools for direct interaction with citizens and customers,
- to implement city and citizen-friendly, electric mobility solutions, using new electric and hybrid vehicles (pedelecs, buses, vans and cars) in innovative service concepts,
- to engage in a dynamic citizen dialogue for mobility planning and service improvement.
Overall objectives of the European CIVITAS Initiative:
- to promote and implement sustainable, clean and (energy) efficient urban transport measures,
- to implement integrated packages of technology and policy measures in the field of energy and transport in 8 categories of measures,
- to build up critical mass and markets for innovation.
Key elements of CIVITAS:
- CIVITAS is co-ordinated by cities: it is a programme "of cities for cities",
- Cities are in the heart of local public private partnerships,
- Political commitment is a basic requirement, • Cities are living 'Laboratories' for learning and evaluating
+49 221 6060 55 20
- more information: